Sunday, February 28, 2010

Cocktail night

For the longest time now, my friend Mel and I have said that one of these days we'd have a cocktail night. We finally arranged it for this Saturday and this is what happened.

Firstly, some of you may have noticed my Facebook status updates. Yes, we had a hobo situation. They had messed up my house and it took me a while to get it clean again. They were just not being helpful and got in the way while I tried to clean.

Some people have ants. I have hobos...

Moving right along...
So I thought that perhaps I'd gone slightly overboard with all the cocktail paraphernalia that I had bought for the night.


Turns out though that we used pretty much every plastic cocktail glass, all the umbrellas got used and the swizzle sticks. There was some fighting over the naked lady swizzle sticks...

Christian got called into work when an alarm went off and so I was stuck at home alone and completely bored for about an hour before people started turning up. So I made myself a cocktail and set about taking photos of things.



I just loved the shadows.

Barb and Mikey came round with the boys and we made the boys mocktails so they'd feel included.
Perhaps Will has watched too many Bond movies because he wanted an olive in his glass. He settled for a marshmallow.


I would like to assure the good folks at Child Protection that these glasses do not contain alcohol!


In a very short space of time my kitchen returned to Hobo State, including the empty booze bottles and paper bags lol


One of the more dodgy cocktails of the evening. Called Death In The Afternoon, it was an aniseed liquor concoction of questionable drinkablity.


Barb refused to have her photo taken so I warned her I would take a photo of whatever was visible. This turned out to be her boobs lol


My friend Jann, who wasn't happy to just have his photo taken. He wanted to display his exceptional 'Asian poses'. Here is 'Hello, this is me'.


Here is 'Peace man'.


And 'I'm drinking a beverage'.


Christian had experimented with numerous cocktails, the disappointment of the night being the 'Flirtini'. He says it was because of the lime juice, I thought it was because of its ability to make even a manly man seem girly. The jury is still out on that one.
He was not deterred however and bravely searched for other enticing concoctions.


Vanessa and Sarah find something amusing. Owing to the sheer volume of alcohol consumed, I doubt there was much happening that wasn't amusing...



Helen and I trying in get a good photo. This one seemed to be the pick of the crop.



Vanessa and I have been friends since we were 9. We lost contact in our final year of high school but thanks to the glory of Facebook, we've gotten back in touch :)



Aha! I jump upon poor unsuspecting Sarah for a photo.




And force Mike into having his pic taken too.




The night had progressed to the 'drunken game of darts' stage. Somehow I managed to get two darts in at a physically impossible angle. That's the beauty of alcohol i guess!



Christian and Barb teamed up and it was Christian's skill at anything, drunk or not and Barb's sober state that saw them kick our arses.



Christian's winning shot. We played 501 and you have to finish on a double. His first shot hit the beam, the second lodged in the magnetic clasp that keeps the cabinet closed. His last shot snagged a double 3.
Bastard.



That's the end of my photos. People started disappearing home soon after and the night wound down. I still have a shitload of booze lined up in my kitchen and so there's a pretty good chance that another cocktail night will be held in the near future.
And now I'm going to go and lie down in a quiet room because I'm feeling slightly delicate at the moment...

8 comments:

Acci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Smerk said...

Of course, you forgot to mention the bit when we all wandered off to look at dubious websites...

Nettie said...

Ah yes...indeed I did. I won't elaborate on that just so we leave everyone wondering exactly what was so dubious about them lol

Hieronymous Anonymous said...

Awww, it looks like you had so much fun! I wish I could have been there...

Nettie said...

Wish you could have been here too :(

Mouse said...

It looks like you had a great time. I have a dartboard so we could have a go at drunken darts when you're here! :-D

Shawna said...

Looks like a fun night! *hugs*

Tah said...

"Dubious websites" while you were drunk? Well, that explains several of those posts I had to delete the other night...