Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Bad Egg Brigade

Easter is just around the corner and this year my gym is having a 'decorate a boiled egg' competition.
Now, I have the craft ability of a four year old but I enjoy it immensely. As I'm avoiding eggs of the chocolate variety at the moment, I got very enthusiastic about the idea and thought long and hard about what I could do. I wanted to do something different, something that wasn't just throwing a fancy scrunchie around the egg and saying it's a ballerina.
I started to think of making a 'Bad Egg Brigade'. I figured Hitler and the Devil would be pretty easy to make with eggs but I needed more than just two eggs to make a brigade. Imhotep came to mind and after rooting around a bit I found Christian's medical tape that he wraps his toes in when he plays soccer and decided that would do well as a mummy's bandaging. I wanted one more but couldn't really think of anyone else to make until Christian suggested Dracula. It seemed to fit and so I got cracking (sorry, couldn't help myself).
Here's how they turned out. I took two photos so you could see both sides of Hitler and the Devil's forked tail. There's a prize for the best decorated and even though I don't think I have a chance, I'll keep you posted.




Finally I'll leave you with some pictures of my doggies. It's been getting rather cold here at night lately, especially with the tiles and so they really have to snuggle up in their beds.
Aren't they just the cutest???


3 comments:

Mouse said...

I love those eggs!

Hieronymous Anonymous said...

The eggs are fabulous, and your dogs are complete darlings!

oppiejoe said...

Kewl eggs :)