Monday, January 22, 2007

30 reasons NOT to celebrate...

My older sister Jo turned 30 yesterday.
Happy Birthday Jo.
On Saturday night we went out to celebrate the occasion, going to The Olive Tree Restaurant, a lovely little place in West Perth which just happens to be where we went for our wedding reception. Christian and I love it so much that we usually go there for dinner on our anniversary too.
Jo and her partner Bo went, along with Barb and Mike, Christian and myself and a few of Jo's friends - Nat and Kelly and their partners.
The evening started out well enough, we were given a private table in the back room which was great as the restaurant was packed and we were a large party. We weren't completely separated from everyone else but it meant we didn't have people pushing past us every five seconds to go to the loo.
And then it started. 'It' being Jo's friends and they're complete lack of civilised behaviour. They heckled the waiters, complained about every little thing, swore at the top of their lungs, make racist comments so everyone dining there could hear, and were so loud I thought my eardrums would burst.
I have never been so embarrassed in my life.
As soon as it was politely possible Christian and myself fled, along with Barb and Mike. Jo went on to some clubs with her friends and her evening didn't turn out well at all with problems arising between a couple of her friends. I just hope that her actual birthday turned out a little better yesterday.

Anyway, here are a couple of pics from the beginning of the night.


Me and Christian. Ro, I'm wearing the jewelery you sent me!


Barb and Mike


The birthday girl and her partner Bo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, you look so pretty, Nettie!

Hieronymous Anonymous said...

I told you the hair looked great!

Mouse said...

You look lovely, and I'm so glad you like the jewellery! :)