Tuesday, October 03, 2006

It's Showtime!

Well, it's Tuesday morning and I'm not looking forward to going to work. We had a public holiday yesterday for the Queen's Birthday (don't ask me which Queen but it's obviously not the same as everyone else in Australia because we all celebrate it on different dates...) and I was grateful for the extra day off. Still, I don't want to go to work.
*sigh*

Anyway, the weekend was pretty good. Saturday we had my sister and her family over as well as Mike to watch the AFL Grand Final. I didn't watch it but instead was put in charge of burning some cow on the bbq (which I did exceptionally well - it was black once I'd finished. Oops). The West Aussie team, the Eagles who had made the Final won by a point and so all weekend I had to put up with the celebrations.
Mike stayed around till 7:30 that night and then we decided we'd go and see a movie. We saw Beerfest which was very funny, very silly and required no thinking on my part so it was perfect as I was bloody tired by that point.

Sunday I went to the Perth Royal Show with my sisters and Smerk. The Show is supposed to be an agricultural day where the country comes to the city to show off cows, horses and farm produce. However, it has been much corrupted over the years in the same way as Christmas has and so now it's mainly about the rides, sideshow alley and showbags. It is a day for the kids though, and so we spent most of the day standing and waiting - waiting for the baby to be fed, waiting while the kids went on rides, waiting in line for their showbags, waiting while the blokes took the kids and two prams through the crowds to see the baby animal nursery, waiting for the fireworks...you get the point I'm sure.
It was a long day but it was fun and it was great to catch up with Smerk. I've taken some pics but I don't have time just yet to load them but I'll try and get that done in the next day or two.

My last day of the long weekend was a very restless one by me. I was bored but didn't want to go out, I wasn't in the mood to jump on the net, there were no movies I wanted to watch but instead started watching F1, only to fall asleep on the couch. I had slept in late that morning so I don't know why I was tired, but sleep again I did. I was woken up by a bird in the house that had gotten in from the open French doors. I then mosied around until I found myself reading my book. But I kept on asking Christian if he wanted to do anything but he didn't really want to go out either. It was one of those really annoying days where doing nothing is too much but not doing something is boring.
Does that make any sense?
So really, I should be glad I'm going back to work toady, but I'm not. I just want to curl up on the couch and go to sleep...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Y'know that gingerbread biscuit I had? I think I cracked a tooth on it. I'm heading off to the dentist tomorrow to get something done about it. Yay.

But apart from that, Sunday was a good day out - I didn't get sunburnt! Huzzah!

Nettie said...

Crap, you cracked a tooth??? Wow, I know you said it was crunchy, but I didn't think it was that crunchy!

Mouse said...

If you want someone to snuggle up on the sofa with, I volunteer!

Hieronymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like quite a fun weekend, actually, sweetie.

I know what you mean about 'one of those days', too...

Did you give Smerk that hug from me?

Nettie said...

Indeed I did love. And one from Mouse too.