Sunday, December 11, 2005

Back to the garden

This weekend I had planned to spend in my garden. Christian had abandoned me in favour of a nerd gathering (LAN) and I was going to be by myself Friday night and all day Saturday. Perfect for getting stuff done that I've been putting off for a couple of weeks.

So I got home from work on Friday and went over to visit my mum. My sister and her kids were staying there for the night as her hubby was also attending the nerd gathering. We had a lot of fun, the kids are always a laugh. My cousin and his wife called in briefly as they were leaving for Thailand Saturday morning to pick up their new baby boy! (adoption was finally approved) so all in all it was a nice family evening.

Saturday morning and I attack my backyard. I won't bore you with the details but let's just say I discovered some paving that hadn't seen daylight in several years. Christian got home very late and I went to bed early as I was absolutely buggered.

I woke up ridiculously early this morning and went down the hill to Bunnings to get some plants. I returned home with three roses and a couple of pots of potted colour. I dug some nice big holes for my new roses and was just soaking them when I felt it. The twinge in my back. Oh, it's nothing I thought. Wrong! How could I be so stupid as to ignore it and keep going? I had just finished planting the potted colours and had to stop. Several minutes later I could hardly walk. So I ended up in bed praying that tomorrow I'll get in to see my chiro.

Sigh. So now I'm in immense pain and I have three roses sitting outside waiting to be planted. I can almost hear their mournful sighs upon the wind...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to invite over your young relatives and tell them a pirate story about buried treasure being hidden in your garden. You'll have lots of nice big holes to put your flowers in before the day is through! And who knows, you might even find some Spanish doubloons. . .

Hieronymous Anonymous said...

Silly girl.
Tsk tsk tsk.
What do we know to do?
NOT ignore pain in your back.

Hope you feel better soon!

Nettie said...

Thanks love! I know I was silly but sometimes I think I'm superwoman and try to do everything. I also wear my undies over tight fitting leotards but that's another story...