Thursday, May 04, 2006

In a past life, I was Santa.

My most favourite part of Christmas is buying present for everyone. I just love buying stuff for people. I probably don't make the best selections, but as long as I'm having fun, I say 'What does it matter?'.

So when I discovered that it was going to be a whole group of people coming to Scotland, I went into over drive and started shopping. I've bought everyone a little something, I just hope that I haven't gotten then something they will hate. For most of the pressies I shopped at Australian Geographic which is one of my favourite stores but I didn't limit myself to just Australiana, especially for Smerk. Why buy her a stuffed Kangaroo when she can drive past a dead one on the side of the road? (Ok, I apologise, that probably wasn't necessary...).

I just hope I can fit it all into my luggage. I guess there's always my hand luggage though...I'm sure I'll manage :-)

*note to self* If Acci doesn't end up making it, I must remember to get his postal address so I can send his over. Not showing up isn't enough to get out of getting a pressie!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh...I feel kinda bad I've not got anyone anything...oh well, a week left! And Australian Geographic is the funnest place to go shopping in.

Oh, and word verification - icymic

Nettie said...

Smerk, don't buy pressies just because you feel bad! I don't buy stuff for people just so they'll get me something in return. So don't blow your budget, save it for while we're there!

Charybdis said...

I want a dead kangaroo. Or a spicy Australian girl. Whichever is easiest to find.