Thursday, February 23, 2012

Off with the fairies

My brain hasn't been working lately. Example:

The other day I stop off for some groceries on the way home from work. I hand check out man my reward card. He looks at it dubiously, hesitates for a second and swipes it anyway, then hands it back to me.
COM - This card doesn't work here.
Me - It's not a credit card.
COM - I know.
Me - It's a rewards card. You know, I get points and stuff.
COM - I'm sure you do. But it still isn't working here.
Me - You swipe it and it gives me points.
COM - I get that but it only works at Big W and Woolies and places.
Me - Aaaaaaaaaaaand your point being?
COM - This is Coles.
Me - Oh...
COM - Sorry.
Me - Don't apologise, I'm the dumbarse who has no idea where she is.

Anyone know of any brains for sale on the black market?

2 comments:

Shawna said...

I think I may go to hell for laughing at this post. Especially since I'm still giggling a bit at it...
I think what you really need is a couple of days off, where you and your brain can take a vacation together. *hugs*

Hieronymous Anonymous said...

That's hilarious, love!

I agree with Shawna - you could really do with a break! xxx