Sunday, February 01, 2009

Nettie Natterings in the New Year

Ok, so I know it's already February and I haven't done a post as yet. I also know that I've been extremely lacking in my mod duties over at MoH and even worse at getting onto the forums to chat with you lot. It's not that I don't want to, it's just that I've been...busy. Kind of.

I guess the only excuse I have is I'm going through one of those points in life where sitting all night in front of the computer seems like a poor way to be spending my time when I have so much else on. It happens, I'm the first to admit it but please know that it's not out of a lack of love for my mates online, it's just sometimes priorities change. I shall endeavour to make sure that even if my time on the forum doesn't increase much, my blog posts do.

Is that a good enough explanation to stop me from getting lynched? I surely hope so...;-)

Ok, so what's been happening in the life of Nettie?
Hmmm, I must say that the start to the year has been great. I'm in a very, very happy place at the moment. It's been a good long while since I've felt this happy and I'm very much liking it.
Christmas was hectic as usual for our family. I spoiled everyone rotten which is how I like it. We spent most of the day with family and it was good to catch up with the extended rellies since it makes me remember why I avoid them for the rest of the year lol. Kidding. Sort of. Only about most of them - there's a few I can stand.

I was given Twilight for Christmas and so on Boxing Day I took advantage of the city being open to go and buy the next two books (yes, it is a novelty that any of our shops are open on Boxing Day). I got home mid afternoon and proceeded to spend a solid eleven hours devouring Twilight and New Moon. The following day I read Eclipse and then went and saw the movie before begging Christian to call in at a late night book store when he was out at Minimal Exposure that night to buy me Breaking Dawn. I read that on the Sunday.
I'm sure you can guess that I kind of liked the series :) I must say I had a hard time trying not to point out all the similarities between this series and the Sookie Stackhouse novels but at the end of the day I love both series so I can live with them.

New Year was spent at Jo and Myles' place and I had heaps of fun. Christian was going to drink but then had the work phone so he had a couple but couldn't get blind drunk with me. So that was left up to Myles and me. Myles is a very fun person to get drunk with, even though he isn't a people person as such we get on quite well but it really broke the ice between us I guess. Up until then I think he just saw me as his wife's friend but after that night we can be called friends in our own right. I like making friends :)

So New Years Day I spent mainly in bed. I wasn't actually hung over but I didn't get to bed until half four since I was being introduced to Little Britain and then I was up and about at eight. Needless to say by the time I got home I was exhausted.

Not much else has happened since then but somehow I'm keeping busy. Work has been ok apart from one disastrous week I spent as Team Leader. It really reminded me why I got out of management in the first place. I'm hoping for a bit of a change around in the roles since I'm doing training at the moment and I'd really like to go back into BEDS but we'll have to wait and see if that will happen or not.

I'm back to playing squash, trying to go to the gym but keep getting sick so that's not been very regular (although hopefully this week it will get back on track) and apart from that just busy with friends and my family.

It's a pretty boring update I suppose but it's an update nonetheless. Hope you guys are all well, I do miss you all and as I said I shall try and keep the updates coming.
*hugs*

4 comments:

Hieronymous Anonymous said...

*hugs*
I know exactly what you mean in terms of lack of online activity - I've been there a few times myself. I'm not going to lynch you. I'm happy if you're happy.
:-)
I've heard mixed things about the Twilight series, but I'll probably give them a go at some point.
Spookily, just before I came to read your post, I was giving the rats some treats and, whilst rummaging for the box, found an envelope on which (at some point) I'd scrawled "Stephanie Meyer - Twilight".
Psychic link, baby!
lol
*hugs again*

Mouse said...

Ok, no lynching!

I'm glad you're feelng all happy just now. I quite fancy reading the Twilight books - now all I have to do is find somebody to borrow them from!

*bighugs*

Shawna said...

Hi hon! *hugs*

Glad to hear from you again, and I won't lynch you either!

As far as Twilight goes, they're not bad books. I skimmed most of them fairly quickly (borrowed them from my daughter Kaila), but I've been taking my sweet time to actually read them thoroughly. It's amazing how many details you miss when you don't read the whole book! lol

*hugs* Hope to be able to catch up to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nettie! I know just how you feel about not going online all the time. There are spells when I just have other things to do! :)

I look forward to your updates and am glad to hear that things are going so happily for you! Dbl :)!!

Enjoy the sun while it lasts! LOL

*HUGS*