Monday, November 07, 2005

International Sleepover

Isn't it funny how the smallest thing can lead to a split-second decision that involves something big? For example, Boo and I talking on MoH forum about what we'd do if we had a sleepover (watching horror movies, making brownies) and suddenly we've decided that next year I'm going to visit her in Scotland.

I am so excited!

I have always wanted to visit the UK (Christian went years ago with his Mum and he loved the place) and I thought to myself, hey why not go? What do you have to lose? If you don't go now, you'll end up having kids and then never going and wondering for the rest of your life what it's like.

So, in the space of a heartbeat, it's settled. I'll book holidays this week and then we'll see if Boo can get holidays and make sure it's ok with Matt.

I'm also a little scared. What if they don't like me? What if they find my accent annoying and that I'm too loud and too rude and too fat and just too much in general. I'd hate to go for a week and then spend it feeling uncomfortable...

Now I'm just worrying. I'm like that. I'm sure it will be fine. We'll have a few chats on the phone, I'm sure it will go well. I'm sure we'll have a ball.

Did I mention I am so excited!

15 comments:

Hieronymous Anonymous said...

I. Am. So. Excited!
And also terrified, but mostly excited.
Dinnae fash yersel'! (I thought you might want to practice Scots)
We'll be fine.

Hieronymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and Matt has resigned himself to having a living-room full of MoHers...

Charybdis said...

So when were you going to invite the rest of us?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what Chary said! I'm going green with envy here!

Nettie said...

We invited Mort...

Hieronymous Anonymous said...

If any of you can get over here in May/June next year, we may have a plan!

Anonymous said...

Wheeeee! Party at Boo's place! So, who gets to sleep in the bed?

Charybdis said...

I'm sure I could make it, but if you'd rather not have me I understand. :(

Hieronymous Anonymous said...

Everyone is invited!
Wheeee!

Nettie said...

Chary, if you can make it, you'd better come!

Anonymous said...

And don't worry, Scarletmanuka: if anybody is silly enough to not like you, we'll feed them to the pigeons. We don't want such aberrant people to spread their obviously malfunctioning chromosomes in the gene pool.

And what the heck are those letters over the "Word Verification" box? This could present a challenge. . .

Charybdis said...

Yay, my parents have offered to loan me any money I need for the trip. I'll just have to be indebted to them the rest of the year.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Looks like it'll be a big party at Boo's place!

Nettie, I'll definitely have to fly out with you. That way there can be two aussie chicks looking lost at the airport!

Hieronymous Anonymous said...

Chary, I'm indebted to your parents too.
Just not with actual money.

Smerk, do!
That'd be great!

Anonymous said...

Maybe we'll mail you a haggis, Snowy. Better still, a breeding pair of haggii. Then you can raise your own herd.