Sunday, June 20, 2010

Not quite as they seem...

I was laying in bed the other night thinking about things that sound much better than they actually are. This is what I came up with...

*Falling asleep in someones arms - sure, it sounds romantic and it is nice to snuggle but you wake up with a sore neck or a dead arm and one of you will undoubtedly be covered in drool...

*Starting a health regime - I always find myself getting really really motivated...just before I go to sleep at night. I lay there, planning all the things I'm going to achieve the following day, from eating a healthy brekkie to getting to the gym to taking a vitamin supplement. It never seems as easy the following morning.

*Offering to do the dinner dishes when at a friend's house - it's the polite thing to do and really, the fair thing to do. You've imposed on your friend for dinner, they've gone to a heap of trouble, slaved over a hot stove all day and you innocently suggest that you could help clean up. They're not supposed to say yes! lol

*Camping - I love camping, sitting by a fire, sleeping under the stars, have billy tea, having an adventure! Well, in my head I do anyway. In reality it's always cold, damp and uncomfortable.

*Telling the truth - just because it's the truth, doesn't mean it's all fine and dandy and won't hurt. Sometimes it's ok to sugarcoat it a little to make it easier to swallow.

[The following may be TMI]
*Sex in a pool or spa - sounds naughty and adventurous but the water washes away your natural lube and it kind of just hurts...

Are there any other really obvious ones I've missed?

3 comments:

Shawna said...

I can't think of any that you haven't mentioned at the moment, but I'm sure that I will later. :-)

As for camping...I guess I don't have many trips that are cold (except at night and early morning), damp (except in the afternoons for a little while), and uncomfortable (except when I've slept on a rock, which doesn't happen anymore, since we've got the trailer!). You'll have to come camping with us one summer--I promise to not let the bears eat you! :-)

DavePrime said...

try re-unions...

You think that it will be good to "catch up' with old friends, but you end up realizing that you are all just older, greyer, with nothing in common anymore.

Acci said...

Hmmm. . .

Redecorating/renovating? Eating an entire large bag of candy? Agreeing to make a fancy birthday cake for a family member or friend? Invading Russia? Updating your computer software? Watching scary movies all day when you are home by yourself, and then going to bed all alone (or are you?!?)? Having kids, instead of skipping straight to having grandkids? Visiting New York City? Getting a tattoo? Getting a full-body wax? Helping the widow of former President Mgumbe Nagio move his fortune to a bank in your country by giving her your bank account information?